[identity profile] peaches.livejournal.com posting in [community profile] hobbitbigbang
Hey, everyone! It’s time for another round of The Hobbit BigBang!

The community may have a new home and a new mod but I hope the spirit is the same as always!

Quickly read through the FAQ/Rules below, even if you participated in the Hobbit BigBang before and you’re good to go. As always, if there are any questions, worries or problems, let me know. I’m [livejournal.com profile] peaches or email me at hobbitbigbangmod@gmail.com.

Please make sure you either join the [livejournal.com profile] hobbitbigbang community or follow us on Twitter or on Tumblr to avoid missing any news and updates.



What is The Hobbit Big Bang?
A BigBang is a challenge where writers attempt to write at least 10,000 words of The Hobbit Fanfiction and artists create artwork for the story you wrote.

Cool, where do I sign up?
Author signups are here and artist signups are here. You are more than welcome to sign up for both parts!

AUTHORS FAQ

What can I write?
Anything at all, as long as it is related to The Hobbit book or Jackson Movies. All ratings, pairings and genres are welcome as well as AU, RPF, Fusions and Crossovers.

Can I write character death/noncon/______?
I’m going to say, yes, you can. You can write anything you like as long as you clearly label your story. I understand that it is difficult to define underage in this fandom, so please use common sense or ask if you are unsure.

Can I write with someone?
Absolutely!

Can I write more than one story?
Definitely! The more the better!

What is the minimum word-count?
Stories should have at least 10,000 words. If your story is finished at 9,500 words I won’t fight you but you should aim for double digits. There is no maximum length.

Do I have to write a Novel/Novella?
No, you can write connected one-shots as long as they are related in some way.

Does the story have to be new?
Any story that hasn’t been posted as a finished work is acceptable. You can submit a story you finished months or years ago as long as it hasn’t been published online before.
You are welcome to continue a WIP and post chapters of your story before the posting date you pick, as long as the final chapter gets posted on the posting date.

Will every story get art?
That’s the plan. You may opt out of getting art for your story or create your own if you don’t wish to work with an artist. But honestly, that’s half the fun.


ARTISTS FAQ

What is considered for art?
- Digital or Traditional art, such as a “bookcover” for the story, a wallpaper, a banner, a comic strip, an illustration.
- A fanmix of at least 8 songs that relates to the story including a front and back cover.
- A Video/Trailer for the story.
- At least 10 icons
- A Podfic of the story.
If you are unsure if your idea qualifies as art, please ask before disregarding it. You might be on to something awesome I didn’t consider when I made this list. :D

Can I submit more than one piece of art?
Of course! You can create multiple pieces of art for one story or claim multiple stories.

Does the artwork have to be new?
Yes. The artwork should be created specifically for the story you claimed, therefore a piece of art you finished last year wouldn’t work.

Could I do a podfic?
Yes. You can either make a podfic of a story from this round, if your author finishes quick enough for you to record it, but you can also take any other fic and record that for the BigBang. If you decide to record a podfic of an existing story you simply sign up with the authors and claim a posting date.

How do I make a claim?
Once the artist submitted their draft, I will post a list and you comment with the title of the story for which you would like to create artwork. In previous rounds it worked well to put no limit of the number of claims an artist can make or a story can receive and I intend to keep it that way, as long as all stories get an artist.

SCHEDULE

December 10 Sign Ups Open
January 15 Check In
February 26 Check in
March 26 Check in
April 09 Fic Rough Drafts Due
April 14 Artist Claims Open
May 07 Check In
May 21 Artist Rough Drafts Due
June 04 Posting Begins
June 30 End of Posting


What are check ins?
I want to make sure that everyone’s on the right track and able to finish their stories and artwork. These are little informal posts to, well, check in and chat.

My rough draft isn’t ready and it isn’t beta read and I’m freaking out!
That’s okay.
The rough draft needs to be 50% complete and if you’re confident that you can finish you story or your piece of art that’s enough for me. Don’t worry about beta reading your rough draft. All I do when I receive it is check the word count/progress of the artwork. Trust me, I’ve freaked out about submitting a half-finished, non-beta read hot mess of a rough draft, so I don’t judge!


Author Sign Up | Artist Sign Up

Profile

hobbitbigbang: (Default)
Hobbit BigBang

April 2017

S M T W T F S
      1
23456 78
91011 12131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
30      

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Oct. 18th, 2026 06:40 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios